Metal Stamping ServicePioneers in the industry, we offer metal stamping service from India.
Approx. Price: Rs 6 / Square InchGet Latest Price
|Industry Served||Aerospace, Automotive, Construction|
|Stamping Products||Fuse Components|
|Metal Stamping Materials||Stainless Steel|
Our Metal Stamping Service
takes your design, which has been proved by our chemical etching process, and reproduces it in mass production quantities, very economically. Advantages of Kraftech's stamping operation are:
- Consistency: Kraftech assures stamped parts meet all the same requirements as your etched prototypes
- Flexibility: Kraftech’s skilled toolmakers can solve difficult design challenges
- Repeatability: Kraftech ensures you receive the same level of quality from the first article to the end of the parts life.
- Cost: We offer competitive pricing on tooling and part cost
- Continuity: Prototype through production with a single vendor and point of contact
Progressive Die Stamping:
- With metal stamping, a tool is used to both punch out the blank and form the part, and the process is completely automated. These tools can take several weeks to make, but once completed, parts can be made in a matter of seconds with production costs of a fraction of a penny per piece. Kraftech offers two types of stamping: progressive die and 4-slide.
- Progressive die stamping is the most flexible type of metal stamping, allowing the production of a wide array of designs ranging from .002” to .036“ thick for parts up to 4” wide. The die used in progressive metal stamping contains several stages, each performing a portion of the operations on the metal coil. As the die opens and closes, the coil with each stroke from stage to stage. With the final operation, the part is cut from the coil.
- 4-slide stamping is suitable for smaller parts (narrower than 1.375”) between .002” and .036” with less complex geometry. A 4-slide is a horizontal press with 4 moving tools which strike the workpiece from 4 directions. It is less expensive to tool than a progressive die and, since it works in 4 axes, it is extremely versatile.
- Unlike chemical etching, stamping creates a small burr. Kraftech keeps the thickness of this burr within the industry standard 10% of the metal thickness and can control the location of the burr based on your requirements. We also offer several optional post-stamping deburring operations, including tumbling, etching/ chemical deburring, and vibrato-deburring to your specifications.
- Due to the high quantity and low cost per part, packaging labor may be a major cost driver. Bulk Packaging is the most economical. For those parts which will be handled by pick and place, are especially delicate, or which you would like to limit the amount of unpacking labor, Kraftech offers several other methods, including tape and reel, trays, and “nest-and-stack” per your specifications.
- Kraftech uses vanishing oil on both progressive die stamping and 4-slide stamping parts. Although this typically evaporates completely prior to shipment, there is a possibility of residue. We can also clean your parts after stamping upon request to meet any specific cleanliness specifications.
- For parts that require plating, there are two options: Kraftech can plate individual parts or stamp from metal that is already plated. Using pre plated material is typically less expensive, however, the parts edges will be unplated and some non-standard metals and/or plating specs may not be available as pre plated stock.